Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Author David Moody Calls Me a "Very Sick Person"


And I take that as a compliment! If you don't understand why, then you're not familiar with the man's work. Aside from his zombie series "Autumn," Moody's most notable works are found in the "Hater" trilogy.

After having read the first in the series, I immediately wanted to pick up the sequel and continue reading. Though not a zombie story, the familiar elements of mass hysteria, mob mentality and the progressive collapse of society perfectly complement the plot of "Hater". The closest thing I can compare it to would be "28 Days Later," but with a twist so refreshing that it really stands on its own. It was so different in fact that Guillermo del Toro picked up the movie rights. So hurry up and read "Hater" so you can go out and buy the sequel, "Dog Blood," which just hit US shelves in paperback this week!

While you're at it, hit up Mr. Moody on Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads. And check out his personal website here.

And if you're still wondering why he called me a "very sick person," it's not only because it's true, but because he happened to enjoy my undead Easter short, Zombunny. Us sickos have to stick together!

~VK

PS: Check back soon for a review both of "Hater" and "Dog Blood," once I get my hands on a copy!

No comments: