Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Midnight Society


"Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this story..."

If this familiar phrase rings a bell, you've probably seen at least a few episodes of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" I feel that current TV programming is woefully absent of shows like AYAotD and other serial classics like HBO's "Tales From the Crypt" and "The Twilight Zone." While I'm in no position to start swapping out reality TV for scary story serials, I DO have a blog and I CAN use the internets!

So, starting tomorrow, I hope to feature a short story by a collection of fantastic writers from across the globe. And, no, it's not just me and my various personalities. Who said that? Wasn't me! Settle down, all of you! Where was I...Oh!

Tomorrow, I'll post a short story that is meant both to entertain you and gross you out a bit. Perhaps next week's submission will be aimed more at chilling each vertebrae in your spine or possibly to cause you to faint upon reading. Who knows?! All I can promise is a diverse group of scare-seekers and thrill-writers. Won't you join us?

Check back tomorrow for the first submission, penned by Yours Truly. Here's a hint: if you hate zombies and things that poke fun at Easter, stay far, far away.

~VK

No comments: