Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

New Frontiers

Coming here to read about me editing 'Crawl' every day could be every bit as boring as me posting about it. I understand this. So I have another idea!

I got to thinking: What's the best way to use this blog to not only give you a glimpse into my creative process but also to nudge me along to write more frequently? What's a good use of my time writing and your time reading? How can I use this medium to hone my craft?

Well I think I came up with an interesting option. Like every other wannabe writer out there, I have too many ideas and not enough time to get them down on paper. Some ideas are flashes that burn hot and bright just long enough for me to jot down a few notes and then forget about them. Others smoulder in the back of my mind for what seems like forever.

What I've decided to do is start a new story on this blog. Each entry will be approx 500 words or less. Over time, each new entry will further a particular story I've been toying around with. I tend to be a little ambitious with new ideas like this, so let's say I'll post new entries weekly (hopefully more often than that!)

Check back sometime this week for the first entry! All I can tell you right now is that it's a sci-fi alien invasion thriller with a massive twist that even Shyamalan shouldn't see coming!

Stay tuned!
~VK

No comments: