Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Still alive.

Wow, so 3 months without a post? That's not very writer-like behavior at all now is it?

So here's the deal: I've committed myself to posting something (anything) every day. It's probably going to be inane, boring drivel. Hopefully it will be chock full o' agent representation and publication news one day but until then, just absolute garbage.

This recent revival has come up courtesy of a friend's blog: www.raisingladders.com
It chronicles the exploits of a good friend of mine who is a Paramedic/Firefighter in the DC area. His enviable writing skills and accompanying photographs make for some very entertaining stories. Please check it out!

So what have I been up to you ask?

I'd love to say editing the bejeesus out of 'Crawl', but I've only edited some of it and I have a long way to go. There is a contest through Leisure Books ( www.dorchesterpub.com ) and Rue Morgue magazine, associated with horror fiction website ChiZine ( http://chizine.com ) that I would love to enter.

It's called "Fresh Blood" and they are looking for new, unpublished horror writers (sound familiar?) So I have until the end of September to edit, revise and beef up my novel.

In other news, I'm currently fleshing out a completely different project to start while I wait for the results of the contest or the responses from queried agents. Here's a teaser: it involves leprechauns and bank robbers. Eh? Just wait and see!

And as usual I still have the rampantly active imagination of a Riddlin-deprived 8 year old, so I am always jotting down a slew of ideas and weird facts or words I pick up along the way. The toughest thing is getting that junk out of my mind so I can focus.

So! Tomorrow I will post again and update you on the progress of my editing, which goes into a higher gear starting tonight. Let the red ink flow!

~VK

No comments: