Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Disney Finds a Match

I came across this bit of news today and just had to share it!

How cool is that?! The first installment in the trilogy isn't even available to read until November, but Disney had to outbid Paramount for film rights. That has GOT to feel amazing for the author (no pressure!)

Though the Collider.com article is a tad on the cynical side (to be expected when you combine the Disney-machine with Twilight references), I see this as an incredible achievement. Having a book not only be published, but turned into a movie is something that I can only dream of at this point. Congratulations to Ally Condie!

And only slightly less awesome is the experience of wandering through a bookstore and seeing familiar covers jumping out at you. During a recent excursion to my local Barnes & Noble store, I came across the following novels written by authors whose blogs I happen to follow online. Check em out!

The Hollow
and The Haunting by Jessica Verday

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest

The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi

~VK

No comments: