Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Intro

Finally, an excuse to indulge in my split personality.

This page will be dedicated to my pursuit of my version of the American Dream: to be made or broken by the publishing industry. I hope to post updates of my successes and failures here (hopefully not heavy on the fail side) and document the steps along the path to publication. I've already queried a small number of literary agents in the past year concerning a different project, but I think I've got a better shot this time. A better grasp on how the process works, a better hook to get my foot in the door and a more solid project to stand on; let's see how far it gets me!

For those of you who don't know me, my alter-ego works as a microbiologist in Pittsburgh, PA. It pays the bills but is mind-numbingly boring. So I'm using this blog as a creative release and a tracker of commercial success. But really it'll just end up being evidence of my growing psychosis.

Here's to taking that first step!

No comments: