Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Success!

For those of you who read my weekend post, you knew I was up to my elbows in ink and paper over the last few days. But it was well worth it!

"Blackwatch: Order and Chaos" is complete! Sorta!

While the pen & paper work is done, I have about half of the story to actually type up. This is a chore in itself, but it's an extra editing step that lets me hear how well the story is (or isn't) flowing. I'll add or tweak or change the word choice or expand dialogue or liven up some scenes.

There are things that are easier for me to do with pen & paper (quick edits, notes, additions for points earlier in the story or ideas for separate stories altogether) and things that are easier on the computer (editing whole sections, getting a feel for how much space a certain scene takes up).

While I was greatly enjoying rushing through the writing to get it all down on paper, now the hard work really starts. A round of editing and revisions before sending it out to my beta readers (you know who you are so expect a book soon!), then another round of editing/revisions based on their feedback. Gamma-readings (does anyone really do that or call it that?) and then maybe once it's polished up, off to the agents.

Keep checking here for updates!

~VK

1 comment:

Davin Malasarn said...

Congratulations on finishing the draft! It has been so long since I've finished a long draft of something that I forget how nice it is. I've tried to write down sections of my novel with a pen and paper, and it is a fun experience. I don't do it very often though.