Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fresh Blood Contest - Finalists Posted

Dorchester Publications has posted the Top 10 Finalists for their Fresh Blood Contest!

Check out the list here!

Yours truly is not among them. Now, now, that's no reason to discriminate! Keep checking back on Dorchester's site over the next couple of months. They'll have excerpts from each of the finalists' books for you to vote on. You might just help discover the next big talent!

As for me, I've just submitted a couple of short stories to The Literary Lab. I actually really enjoyed writing for their contest. It's great to get your ideas out and complete a story in 2,000 words or less. Trust me, there was quite a bit of editing to get the stories under that word count, but I actually found myself having fun chiseling away the excess. Always nice to see something go all the way to completion.

On that note: I'll be re-editing Crawl for submission to Dragon Moon Press who happen to be opening their submissions process up for the month of December.

Other than that, I'll continue to post new chapters for the SY:1 series and maybe even post a couple of short stories here and there. But I feel like it's time for a fresh start and I think I've decided on which project I'll be focusing on next.

Stay tuned!

~VK

No comments: